LonAdd Consultancy Plc (LonAdd) is a Recruitment, Outsourcing, Training and HR Consulting company based in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia, with branch offices in Dukem, Hawassa and a sub-office in Jigjiga.
LonAdd is seeking to recruit a highly qualified professional for Technical Assistant on behalf of FDRE Ministry of Culture and Tourism Strategic Unit.
This position plays a key role in supporting the Mastercard Foundation’s Young Africa Works strategy. In Ethiopia, Young Africa Works aims to see 10million young women and men in dignified and fulfilling work by 2030.
Required no.: 2 (two)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide assistances to identify key challenges hindering the growth of the sector, gather and collate data which are helpful to formulate strategies/mechanisms to address those gaps
- Gather and organize valuable data relating to implementation of the sector’s development plans, programs and strategies and fill observed gaps
- Provide technical assistances to planning, monitoring and evaluation activities in the sector
- Identify significant gaps in project design and implementation and suggest remedial actions
- Design project proposals in line with long-term objectives of the sector and real demands of stakeholders
- Undertake sound researches to identify core problems and suggest strategic solutions to solve the problems
- Study, Collect and organize information concerning best practices and relate them to the existing realities of the sector
- Facilitate platforms for strengthening coordination and partnership among actors within the value chain
- Provide support to measuring and evaluating project executions against predetermined objectives
- Work on improving project design and implementation capacities of in the sector
- Gather and analyze data on the demand for and supply of skilled manpower in the sector with a view to investigate core problems
- Investigate and identify missing links along the sector’s value chain
- Manage informational resources of the sector
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of BA degree in tourism management, project management, cultural studies, sociology, anthropology and related fields of study.
- At least 6 years of experience in tourism and hospitality industry. The experiences should include tourism planning, competence accreditation and standardization of tourist
- services, tourism marketing and product development, tour operation, destination management, development of culture and cultural industries.
- A good record of career achievements in previous experiences and an account of high-impact contributions to the sector will also be helpful to build confidence on the candidate.
Skills and Competencies
- Communication skills
Able to deal with diverse stakeholders, consultations with and awareness creation for local communities, negotiating with different institutions, proficiency in communication skills such as interpersonal skills to get along with people, articulation in objectives and expected outcomes, eloquence in spoken languages and writing skills are required.
- Time management
The ability to productively use time to execute tasks in strict adherence to deadlines, avoiding unnecessary waste of time and focus on important tasks and ability to keeping time wasters away.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
Able to demonstrate problem solving skill and deliver desired results. Ability to think out-of-the box, furnished with analytical views, capable of generating innovative approaches to tackle challenges.
- Sense of Responsibility, Motivation and Teamwork
Ability to exhibit strong will, clear thinking, ability to inspire colleagues, and is willing to empower others to move from plan to reality. A clarity of purpose, a drive for perfection, a commitment to quality and understand the need to accept full responsibility for his/her decisions.
- Computer skills
Adequate expertise and literacy in using the Microsoft Office Suite with sound application of different software programs.
Fluency in English and Amharic are required
Additional national and/or international language skill is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to [email protected], by putting the Technical Assistant the subject box.
For more information on the details of the positions, call 0115 505141 or 0115 588181 or check on our website www.lonadd.com
Application deadline: 25th October 2020
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc