Position: Regional Director
Location: Tigray, Ethiopia
DI is seeking a qualified Regional Director to provide technical and programmatic support for the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations (CSO) project titled, Support to Political Parties Transition in Ethiopia. The purpose of this project is to reduce political instability, prevent spoilers to Ethiopias reform process, and mitigate against a return to hostilities by working with nascent political parties that play a constructive role in Ethiopian society. This a national position, to be based in the Tigray region of Ethiopia.
- Oversee the day-to-day implementation/management of DIs project in the Tigray Region and serve as the regional focal point for the Senior Project Director (SPD) based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia;
- Provide support to the SPD regarding technical vision, direction and management for the project in the Tigray Region, which will include broad-based consultations and convening stakeholders across the region to ensure the quality and appropriateness of programing in Tigray;
- Act as an effective and strategic liaison with government authorities and stakeholders in the Tigray region;
- As necessary, manage and support DIs political party technical experts for activities taking place in Tigray;
- As requested, deliver technical capacity building assistance to program partners and beneficiaries, including:activity design, preparation, implementation and after action reporting;
- Prepare, present and update regional work plans that contribute to the projects M&E framework and reporting deliverables;
- Support the Senior Project Director to represent DI externally at meetings, workshops, and other events; and
- As required, provide additional programing support.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills, ability to effectively work and respond to changing dynamics, and experience coordinating with a wide range of regional stakeholders;
- University Masters Degree (or higher) in political science, peacebuilding and conflict intervention, management, or other relevant field;
- 5 to 10 years of experience in project support and oversight, including managing programs in conflict-sensitive environments, managing teams, and budget oversight;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in political party strengthening, peacebuilding and conflict intervention, human rights and governance, or other related technical areas;
- Professional fluency in Tigrinya; strong English writing and speaking, including computer skills, is required.
- Experience with U.S. Department of State compliance and reporting desirable.
DI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Address Tigray
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Qualification BA/BSc