Finance & Administration officer (3, Bahir Dar, Hawass and Mekelle)
Summary Scope of Work:
The Regional Finance and Administration Officer is primarily responsible for the financial and administrative functions of Jhpiego regional program offices. S/he is responsible for implementing and maintaining accounts and books of records and other databases so as to ensure smooth flow of system and procedures, and the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the office. He/She is also responsible to ensure effective management of administrative function of the region by overseeing activities related to logistics, HR, fixed asset, safety and security, office utilities (electricity, telecom, etc), staff medical insurance, etc.
- Position Reports To: Regional Program Manager, having functional responsibility to the Finance Manager and Administration Manager
- Position Supervised: None
Responsibilities: (include Leadership, Business Development, and Knowledge Management)
All staff members of Jhpiego, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the mission and values stated above.
- Actively participate in the business development process.
- Actively participate in the knowledge sharing and transfer process.
- Make responsible decisions that result in both time and cost containment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Administration Duties
- Ensure up-to date overviews of financial status to enable further processing, and decision making for the regional program through:
- Acting as custody of petty cash and prepare petty cash settlement and replenishment.
- Keeping records of financial transactions and enter the date in to QBE of the regional program.
- Following up on settlement of advances issued to the staff.
- Providing inputs to and participate in budgeting for the program s/he is in.
- Assisting consultants to fill in consultant invoices and other related contractual documents.
- Delivering payments to various offices.
- Producing withholding receipt to the concerned body.
- Keeping used and unused printed documents in a safe custody and control usage by maintaining a register.
- Preparing bank and petty cash reconciliation statement.
- Making reconciliation statement of advances on a monthly basis.
- Assist in the payment facilitation processes for different events like trainings and workshops.
- Prepare Checks, Telegraphic Transfers (TT), and Check Payment Vouchers and handles routing for signatures.
- Put on “PAID” stamp and Performing detailed filing of finance documents so that they can easily be retrieved and audited.
- Assisting in the review of travel-related financial documents to ensure completeness prior to reconciling.
Administrative & Operational Duties
- Lead and contribute to the administrative and operational efficiency of the regional program through:
- Maintaining register of office equipment, computers, electronics etc and assist in the management of fixed asset.
- Following up with appropriate offices on monthly and recurring office bills and settle bills.
- Keeping and controlling the regional program resources such vehicle (leased), stationeries, and minor procurements.
- Making travel arrangements (transport and hotel booking) for staff and visitors.
- Regularly gathering HR related data and forms including vacation/compensation/sickness leave formats, and medical expense reimbursement claims of the regional program staff, and submit the forms, and other necessary info to the HR Officer for filing.
- Following up vehicle log book and maintain fuel register.
- Ensuring security operations and systems are implemented and followed.
- Ensuring that office equipment inventory is regularly updated and ensure regular maintenance of office equipment as and when needed.
- Acquire all necessary information and records including contract agreements, financial documents, MoUs, work procedures, and maintain all under standard filing system or database procedures;
- Ensure up-to -date, complete, and accurate database for usage of Jhpiego regional and country offices.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- University degree in Business Management, Accounting or related field;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in portfolio/program administration in the areas of operations, program management, administration, accounting, financial management, budgeting or auditing, preferably within an US Government Agency, international Agency, NGO or national health agency
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and procedure governing US agency financial management. Good working knowledge of budget and fiscal procedures; contracting & procurement regulation.
- Proficient in Speaking/Reading/Writing English, national/regional languages;
- Interpersonal Skill Requirements: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team setup; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with MOH, NGOs, and other relevant partners;
- Ability to:
- interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts;
- work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform;
- work proactively, organize and manage own work and assist others to do the same;
- Computer literacy included demonstrated proficiency with Excel, and accounting packages;
How to Apply
Applicant are expected to STRICTLY follow the below listed application procedures:
- Only qualified and interested applicants can submit application letter and well written curriculum vitae saved in one complied PDF format.
- Applicants are required to state their current basic salary in their application letter.
- Applicants must make sure their application document is saved by their full name in PDF format.
- Applicants must specify the location applied for if the vacancy is for more than one location.
- CREDENTIALS OR WORK CERTIFICATES MUST NOT BE SUBMITTED.
- The job position being applied for must be explicitly stated in the application letter.
- Applicants must use this E-mail [email protected] to submit applications and make sure to state the job position title applying for in the subject line.
- Applications not fulfilling the requirements stated above will automatically be rejected.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package. The winning candidate is expected to start within short period after finalization of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is October 27, 2020.
- Address Bahir Dar, Mekelle and Hawassa
- Qualification BA/BSc