Building upon 12 years of leadership J H Simex Private Limited Company is a combination of three companies that currently own and manage Real Estate, J H Simex Tour & Travel and a Five Star Intercontinental Addis Hotel.
J H Simex is a leading company with a 152 luxuriously furnished hotel rooms, 42 furnished apartments, 13 conference halls which accommodate more than 2,000 guests at a time, Bistro Café, Night Club, 360 Degree Revolving Restaurant and many more facilities within the two buildings. The Intercontinental Addis Hotel was built at a cost of 320 million birr in its first phase investment, on a 2400 square meters plot which opened in October 2008. The second building which is also part of the hotel was built at a cost of 200 million birr, on a 3,500 square meters plot which just recently opened January 2017.
Founded by Mr Semachew Kebede Kassa the company is headquartered at the heart of Kazanchis Area in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. This has created job opportunities for 378 employees. Intercontinental Addis Hotel has been awarded in 2014 and 2016 for the Luxury Business Hotel in Ethiopia. This award serves as recognition of sustained commitment to excellence in outstanding achievement in the international luxury hospitality industry.
Employment Type: Permanent
Responsible for all Sales Executives activities in assigned accounts or regions, supervise quality and consistency of product and service delivery. Promote the image and services of the hotel so that maximum growth occurs through gaining new clients and contracts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable.
- Present and sell hotel products and services to current and potential clients.
- Contact representatives’ of government, businesses, associations, NGOs, travel agencies, convention groups, and social groups to solicit business for the hotel.
- Selects prospective customers for the hotel services and calls on prospects to solicit business, outlines available hotel facilities and services offered, and quotes prices.
- Calls on prospects to solicit business, analyzes requirements of function, verifies reservations by letter, or draws up corporate agreement and obtains signatures.
- Confer with customer and hotel department heads to plan function details, such as space requirements, time schedule, food services, and decorations.
- May serve as events advisor or coordinator during function to minimize confusion and resolve problems, such as space adjustment and need for additional equipment.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Assist the development and maintenance of sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Establish and maintain current customer and potential customer relationships.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract/corporate services.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
- Identify and resolve customers concerns.
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate hotel staff.
- Coordinate the hotel staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Develop and implement special sales activities to reduce stock.
- To identify prospective clients’ exact needs, by questioning, observation and the completion of a full sales/marketing survey.
- To maintain communication with the customer once the contracts is opened and show an ongoing interest in the operation.
- To constantly monitor and be aware of competitors’ activity.
- Attend tradeshows and other industry events in order to represent the Hotel
- Manages telemarketing to accomplish sales / marketing goals within marketing budget.
- Sends out info pack and follows up to set up a property visit appointment.
- In the morning talk to departing guests, ensure they enjoyed their stay.
- Assist departing guests with forward bookings.
- Send a birthday, holiday and special gifts and wishes for a repeated customers
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- And others,
- B.A degree in Marketing or related field from a recognized university/college with 4 years’ experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their applications, non-returnable CV’s, copies of document and other relevant testimonies to Intercontinental Addis Hotel Guinea Conakry (Tito) Street, Kazanchis, at Human Resource office during office hours from January 13, 2021 up to January 23, 2021. On the other option you can send an email to the hotel at [email protected] or [email protected] for more information call us 0115180444.
You must mention the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
- Address Addis Ababa
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Qualification BA/BSc