Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the support functions responsibilities. Use actions words such as ensure, implement or assist for the position relevant responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies and the local labour law in all procedures and processes
- Be a focal point person in the recruitment, contracting, induction and placement activities in Addis and support field offices in recruitment when needed
- Advice and support line manager in the recruitment and selection processes
- Ensure that all new staffs have filled ID forms and make sure every staff has the organisation ID card.
- Follow up the pension forms to be filled; have one copy for personal files; submit the forms to Pension Office; collect pension ID cards from this office; and give the ID card after getting signed by the respective staff
- Ensure that staff records are up to date and filed appropriately
- Prepare internship, incentive and casual staff contracts at Addis level
- Update the weekly recruitment tracking sheet and share to the concerned staff
- Ensure that incentive and casual staff records are up to date and filed appropriately
- Update active staff personnel file as per the organization standard
- Keep recording of the outgoing and incoming HR letters and staff contracts in the individual files
- Scan or photocopy of different HR & Admin documents for softcopy records
- Organize the documentation room properly
- Organize folders with new employees as listed in HR in-processing checklist
- Check monthly time sheets
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results.
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- BA Degree in Human Resources Management/Management
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in Human Resources
- Experience from working as a Support Function Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Understanding of the relevant laws and statutory requirements.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Wide knowledge of the NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector
- A strong administrative service orientation
- Keen sense of compliance with policy and procedure
- Good employer-employee contract negotiation skills
- Personal conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and team working skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Basic employee counselling skills
- Highly confidential
- Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communications.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through the link (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by February 06, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Mid level
- Total Years Experience 0-5