Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Main Job Purpose
- The Customer Service Assistant- Order Processing is responsible for timely and accurate order generation, order validation and facilitating timely order delivery in line with agreed NDDs. The role holder also ensures stock holding at customers WH is in line with norms and works to give visibility on stock position at customers WH and calls out for corrective actions to manage norms in case of any exceptions.
- Champion a collaborative agenda focused on Customers’ replenishment processes (CPFR) to influence internally and externally to obtain an efficient process end to end.
- Initiate and drive opportunities for logistics efficiencies (load utilization, order frequency, order profile, and any special customer requirements), to maximize service and minimize cost. Continuously exploring opportunities to automate/eliminate/consolidate processes.
- Deliver on core Service KPIs; Dispatch Rate, Fill Rate, On Time, Service to Store, DOH, and other customer relevant metrics.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing, Finance, Customer development and Logistics departments to reduce order cycle times and improve fill rates while controlling the cost of serving customers.
- Incorporate the Weekly Secondary sales, Stock on hand at KD, stock in transit and RR into DBR file.
- Run DBR file according to logic prescribed and share output to CD/CCD team with proposed orders for the week for their validation.
- Support CD/CCD on DBR order validation/order adjustments and maintain a record of all adjustments and valid reasons.
- Liaise with Planning team to get Week’s expected Supply number to match demand number.
- Lead weekly orders review session on CD LT
- Share final weeks Demand number with Planning team.
- Report on weekly stock covers at KD and lead actions to maintain optimum levels.
- Share final POs for the week with KDs and follow up for approvals.
- Communicate Approved orders to transport planners for daily shipment dispatch in line with NDD.
Stakeholder Management and Collaboration
- Work with CD team on all ordering Inputs needed.
- Liaise with Planning team on weekly supply plan and share alerts to business on any production risks.
- Liaise with CD on any order variations/Finance or customer rejections of weeks order and alert business on any demand risks.
- Give timely visibility on dispatch status of weeks orders against time elapsed and highlight any constraints for support.
- Manage NDD collaboratively with CD and customers.
- Liaise with KD Capability team to ensure stockholding is in line with prescribed standards.
Business Waste Management
- Take the ownership on the Business Waste Management process.
- Follow up on the expiry of FG and work on mitigation plan to prevent any expiry and related business waste.
- Align and work closely with KD Capability team, CCD & CD on the expiry and mitigation plan.
- Track the expires FG and ensure for proper finance provision.
- Responsible for ensuring customer accounts receivables are settled in a timely manner as well as overall claims management.
- Support the distribution teams personal and professional capability development as well as ensuring succession planning plans for each position.
- Monitor and analyse ordering process: accuracy, simplicity, user friendliness, timeliness and proposes changes for improvement.
- Follow, review, develop, approve, and implement policies and procedures which lead to optimization of stock management at KD.
- Resolve any problem or issue that hinders service performance.
Controls and Governance
- Ensure the ordering process is in line with audit controls.
- Ensure all SOPs are adhered.
- Document all SOP for the OTD process
- Ensure on providing requested data to auditors.
- Take the lead in the audit controls and Governance session to ensure the end-to-end Customer service process is in control.
- Weekly CD LT meeting.
- Monthly S&OP Meeting
- Monthly Business Waste meeting
- Weekly WORM
- Weekly production meeting
- Weekly Inventory meeting
- Projects meeting
- Bi-weekly OTC governance call
- Monthly MCO Meeting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a supply chain organization
- University degree, Supply chain (APICS etc) qualification is an advantage.
- Experience in FMCG Supply Chain (Planning, Customer Service, Logistics)
- Excellent working experience and analytical Knowledge of SAP ERP, APO, Excel
- Commercial acumen
- Cross functional business process knowledge
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- An in-depth knowledge of business processes and requirements
- Strong analytical skills
- Solution driven with the willingness and ability to implement innovative ideas
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence cross functionally
- Strong Drive for results / entrepreneurial Spirit / decision making committing and delivering, acting with autonomy as it was their own company while fully respecting corporate rules and procedures.
- Team player
- Experience as a business application analyst or end user, with a strong technical proficiency.
- Advanced application software skills, including presentation, spreadsheet, and word processing application
- FMCG Experience, Engineering or Supply Chain, Logistics or related degree
- Address Ethiopia