With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
WASH Operations Manager will have overall responsibility for managing and coordinating all WASH project activities implementation and staffs technical oversight under One WASH program within World Vision Ethiopia. He/She is responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the WASH projects and will closely work with the WASH Division director. Strengthen communication and partnership protocol between partners, donor, and other stakeholders.
Provide managerial and technical leadership oversight for all WASH projects surface and ground water design, planning and implementation at districts/project areas and ensures integration and sustainability of the water projects.
Ensure proper leadership and management for water works drilling and electromechanical work with strict adherence to World Vision personnel, financial and other applicable policies, strategy, guidelines, principles and core values of WV.
Ensure the implementations of all WASH project activities are in compliance with their plan, requirements, standards, work schedule, budget and quality to ensure proper accountability to donors, government and the benefiting community.
Ensure proper utilization and integration of resources through close follow up with Finance staffs and field Hub Managers, including compliance with WV and donors policies and procedures for projects management, sound financial monitoring, control and management.
Ensure proper water projects assessment, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes are employed for all WASH projects in consultation with Regional WASH managers, Sanitation & Hygiene manger and field office staffs.
Closely work with the WASH Director to handle WASH donors, support offices and other partners’ visits and briefings. Engage with SO Program Officers on matters pertaining to the WASH program implementation. Coordinate the learning, documentation, sharing and scaling up of promising practices.
Engage in and ensure that appropriate human resource performance monitoring mechanisms with proper coaching and mentoring are practiced to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability.
M.Sc Degree in Water Resource & Related Engineering Fields;
• At least 8 years of relevant experience in WASH in an international NGO or similar organization with a minimum of 4 years of managerial position;
• Strong adherence to World Vision values;
• Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity and integrity;
• Proven experience of managing donor(s) funded projects or programs;
• Good computer skills including MS Word , Excel, and internet;
• Knowledge and Experience in CLTS-H, SLTS-H, DBC Framework, and PHAST;
• Proven knowledge of community development methodologies and the ability to work in a participative manner developing shared ownership and vision;
• Appropriate skills and experience in the capacity building and training of staff and partners;
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation
• Experience in proposal development, budget preparation, and report writing;
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
• Travel: 35% or more on domestic/international travel is required.
• On call: 15%
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
If you have referrals of talented individuals who you think would perform well in this role, please send them the link to this job opportunity
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies
- Address Ethiopia
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 10-20